- Davies, Toward a Theory of Revolution
Enrique Peña Nieto’s National Anti-Corruption Commission and the Challenges of Waging War against Corruption in Mexico,
Mathieu Tromme and Miguel Angel Lara Otaola, Mexican Studies/Estudios Mexicanos, Vol. 30, No. 2 (Summer 2014), pp. 557-588
The Cross in the Polling Booth: Religion, Politics, and the Laity in Mexico,
Roderic Ai Camp, Latin American Research Review, Vol. 29, No. 3 (1994), pp. 69-100
The Elusive Democracy: Political Parties, Democratic Institutions, and Civil Society in Mexico, Alberto J. Olvera, Latin American Research Review, Vol. 45, Special Issue: Living in Actually Existing Democracies (2010), pp. 79-107
- General Information
- Political Dependency
- Regime Type, Economic Dependency, and Late Development
- Evolution of Political Institutions
- Frida Kahlo
- Review Questions
- Describe regime of Porfirio Diaz.
- What were the causes and consequences of the Revolution?
- What kind of party was/is the PRI? Strategies for domination?
- Impact of Cardenas?
- Could we describe Mexico as exhibiting societal pluralism (at least for individuals) with systemic authoritarianism (lack of party competition, corporatism)?
- Was "Democratization in Mexico" a process that occurred quickly in 2000 or a process that evolved for decades and reached fruition in 2000?