Story, Dale 4/21/15
- Data Sets, SPSS (Variable Labels, Value Labels, Missing Values, Recode, Dichotomize, Analysis)
- Bivariate Statistics:
- Crosstabs (column percentages)--SPSS for Crosstabs
- Hypothesis Testing (Chi Square)--SPSS for Chi Square
- Calculating Chi Square
- http://math.hws.edu/javamath/ryan/ChiSquare.html. Chi Square Goodness of Fit
- The significance level is a function of: (1) the Chi Square statistic and (2) the degrees of freedom (which in turn are a function of the number of cells or in some instances the number of cases or groups). The correspondence of the Chi Square statistic, the degrees of freedom, and the significance level can be found in tables for the Distribution of the Chi Square statistic (in N-N, it is Appendix H, pp. 513-514).
- We then compare the value calculated [Chi Square] ... to a standard set of tables."
- fe = [(row total)(column total)]/n
- Lambda, Gamma--SPSS for Lambda, Gamma--http://www.csulb.edu/~msaintg/ppa696/696bivar.htm (see different topics, especially Nominal Measures of Association and Ordinal Measures of Association)
- Correlation Coefficient, Regression--SPSS for Correlation Coefficient, Regression